Friday, February 19, 2010

A Cool Breeze

Much better today weather wise, eh, Aucklanders?
This made quite a difference (so far) to my general disposition/energy/wellbeing.
I guess having 2 (albeit short) non contact periods helped!
There's nothing quite like feeling energised to do stuff.

I experienced (at least) some plain old joy in (at least) a few lessons today.
In the last lesson, with Year 13s, our points game (where I award students points for participating in the lesson, and deduct points for "naughtiness and idiocy" - same thing?) turned into quite a heated affair between a boy who sometimes (in his mind) wanders away to cloud cuckoo land and another who is usually quite happy to laugh/grin/crack jokes.
This made my day - the strategy is actually a highly effective one, as the boys in particular love the competitive aspect (even if there aren't any prizes) and even quiet girls come to the party eventually.
The thing that really made my day was the humour, the attentiveness, the motivation and the learning that happened, last lesson on a hot Friday (albeit with a cool breeze blowing).

The weekend is here!

This Sunday Alexander makes his debut as a church drummer, Sophie tootles the flute and vW sen. fiddles about in the manner he is accustomed to.

Look out, MRBC - the vWs are taking over!

2 comments:

  1. dneww dneww dneww dneww dnewwww dnewww, dne, dneww dnenedlenew-dneww
    ooooh SUMMER BREEZE! Makes me feel fi-hine
    blowing through the jasmine of my mind!

    What a great phrase that is: "jasmine of my mind!"

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. dneww - what an evocative neologism that is!
    Must introduce it to my year 9s!
    G.

    ReplyDelete