Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent Begins

This evening we (MRBC) had probably our first ever Ash Wednesday service.
I "enjoyed", though that's not quite the right word, performing psalms 38 and 39.
Alas, Sophie was NOT with me on that, due to being exhausted by her swimming sports (her house, Iona, won! Yay!).
Earlier today I had my first post-diagnosis counselling session with Rebecca Lee, counsellor with the Cancer Society.
This was probably the first time I had cried about that darned diagnosis - funny how you can go for ages keeping it all in, so as not to disturb others.
Guess I'm not actually that great at letting it all out, though I do find my music performance stuff a real channel for stuff, which was why pss38 and 39 were the right thing to do.
These psalms really call out to God in anguish/anger/full-hearted, full-throated "passion".
The dynamics I perceive in them range from the barest of whispers to the loudest of sorrowful shouts...
Good to rant and rave at God about my condition thru the psalms, without turning that into a sulky, damaging thing.
Oddly enough I had also offered ps 13 for tonight, which has a happy ending of expressed trust in it.
Fred chose the other 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment