Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

So hot and wet.
A walk in the park with the rain falling did not cool us.
Time at Columbus with books and chat - trim latte, long black.
Date scone for which no additional butter required.
Then the walk - Lois able to walk - yay!
Pick up Sophie from fancy-dress sleepover (Hermione Granger).
Alex at home with Jasper - computer games - church coming up at 5pm.
Reading, writing, singing, sudoku-ing, sleeping, snoring.
Time with Katherine A, who visited church today and prayed for me.
Mosquitoes attack AGAIN.
Grrr!

2 comments:

  1. One of the few good side effects of chemo: mozzies left me alone! In fact, mozzies DIED! It's one hell of an insect repellant, but it worked for me, and other people have reported the same thing. My first experience of it was hearing a frantic buzzing sound while I sat in bed reading. I looked down and a mozzie was in its death throes on the sheet beside me. After that, they all kept a respectful distance. I'm not sure that it's worth all the other stuff that happens; but it was amusing all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that if/when my next chemo course starts it will be death-to-mozzies indeed!
    I have just been out to home group and some little insectoid terror has bitten me again.
    Of course, they might me little nano-spies working for the Russians or the Americans...
    G.

    ReplyDelete