Saturday, November 28, 2009

Trip to Pakiri

Today I went to Pakiri beach with my sister Plonie.
The weather was overcast to begin with.
We left Birkenhead at 8.30
Met Carla and Paul in Wellsford for a coffee.
Puhoi traffic tunnels very disappointing.
At Pakiri we walked to the rocks at the southern end, then back again.
Water too cold for a swim.
The ocean, the constant noise of the waves breaking, the fresh, briny smell, the seabirds hanging motionless above the waves, then plummeting suddenly to feast upon fresh fish.
This is the beach where, following my body's cremation, I wish my ashes to be scattered (in the Ocean, that is, not the sand).
Wine with Hofmanns, then home for butter chicken.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice place.
    I'm listening to the one and only Macy Gray raight now - not that we're not all one and only...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pakiri is my absolute favourite beach of all time.
    If they have beaches in Heaven, I don't think they'll be much better than Pakiri (tho there would definitely be less jellyfish at them, or maybe the jellyfish won't sting,but will actually taste like jelly...).
    The water/surf ENERGISES you!

    ReplyDelete