Monday, November 9, 2009

Here's Hoping

So I went into the local Labtests testing "office" at 7am.
And approached them sotto voce.
Telling them my last blood test had disappeared.
Please would they do their best not to lose this one?
They responded with appropriate mortification.
And gave me 2 phone numbers to ring tomorrow.
Then it was off to Ak Hospital to have my portacath flushed.
I got another phone number to call tomorrow morning - I should have enough numbers now!
Tomorrow Alexander and Lois have the day off - lucky so-and-sos.
Sophie and I meanwhile struggle on gamely, trying to make sense of this game we call education.
And on Friday I celebrate the following milestones:
27 years' marriage.
25 years at the "chalkface".
8 months battling cancer.
Bring on the chocolate mud cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment