Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Heaven? Part 1 - Where Is It?

Introducing a new subseries in which I discuss Heaven.
And do not think I have all or even the definitive answers!
It's just that I've been thinking about it a lot lately!

So, where is it?
Not in any physical place that we can see or reach by physical transport.
It is beyond the world we know.

I love the allegorical imagery in the Narnia and Middle Earth books.
Narnia - thru the wardrobe, and then beyond that!
Middle Earth - in The West...(where the Sun sets...)

In THIS world we are "forced" to visualise Heaven through the use of our imaginations/Faith.
When I say imagination I don't mean that in a derrogatory sense, as in "Oh, you're just making that up!"

Heaven is God's Home, and our ultimate resting place, "whatever that means!"

Next in the Heaven series - "does it exist?"

By the way, if your views are slightly or widely different from mine, PLEASE feel free to post your views in - I will not be offended!

G.

1 comment:

  1. If my understanding is correct, originally the Elves could just sail straight to and from the Undying Lands west of Endor, but after the world was bent they could no longer do that. Instead, they (and others, on occasion) required special ships and permission of the Valar.

    ReplyDelete