Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Night On the Town

Tonight Lois and I went out to Tabou, a "bar and bistro" in Kingsland.
We celebrated the fact that I'm still here!
Earlier today Lois had a towbar fitted...to her car, of course.
A bit later than that Sophie spoke on behalf of the graduating Year 8s at her school - she likened the years of Intermediate School to being "a pit stop in the speedway of life" and took valedictory speeches to a whole new level (I thought, and of course I'm not biased!).
I had my first splash in the swimming pool today - the weather was sunny and warm and Lois had taken me for walkies just prior to that.
I guess one thing I will miss in these long holidays is the contact with the staff, especially my close colleagues Kerry and Theo.
Kerry is still in Ak, so we will get together, though he is on a Fellowship Year next year - an exciting year for him, but I will miss him at school...
And Theo is heading to Europe in a few days with Els - so I won't see him for about 6 weeks.
Another colleague of mine, Eileen, is flying to the UK to teach indefinitely.
And I'm still here and apart from feeling/being a little too flabby, feel pretty darn good!

3 comments:

  1. Every (Wo-) Man should have a towbar.

    It's like having an electric drill.

    We mainly use ours for nudging the car behind when parking...

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. You use an electric drill to nudge the car behind when parking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe every car should have a bar, everybody a power drill.

    ReplyDelete