Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

The work was done this morning.
Our final Advent-ure: a sketch exploring Love within the Christmas story.
Challenge: to keep things simple yet meaningful, and create a bit of a new spin.
Tempted to throw in a punchline: "God IS a hard act to follow".
For the overseas blogpeople, this would have been an allusion to a HUGELY controversial picture which appeared outside St Matthew's-in-the-city.
Joseph and Mary appear in bed together, and the caption reads "Poor Joseph - God's a hard act to follow".
My responses (emotional/internal) have ranged from thinking "how crass, inane and insensitive" to "what an amazing way to draw the focus of everyone to the implications of the Virgin Birth".
I'm sure if you haven't seen it yet you will be able to google and goggle at it, and see what you think.

As the hose sprays its way into the pool to top it up not for the last time this Summer, and DJ Alex's music sprays its way from the family stereo into my laidback consciousness, I sup on Lois's latest batch of muffins (carrot cake) and the last of the vacation apricots, subconsciously preparing myself for the Family Christmas "Event" this evening - "Not A Silent Night".

Tonight will be a night for red trousers....

And I am aware that I need to catch up with my book reviews - Margaret Atwood keeps dragging me away without fail into her dystopias.

I'm currently into reading Oryx and Crake, which is an equel (neither sequel nor prequel) to The Year of the Flood, and which I also cannot put down - marvellous!

Catch you later!

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment