Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Assembly Fatigue

I copied this title from Sophie's blog - it sums both of us up!
My assemblies - does church count as an assembly? - have involved a singing assembly yesterday, 2 year assemblies (an hour each) today, a singing assembly, a pantomime assembly, and tomorrow...carol service, junior prizegiving, staff farewells, drinks by the school pool, drinks at the Cock and Bull (I will of course be moderate if not abstemious regarding my intake)...
And Thursday I get to see Sophie's graduation assembly!
Highlights for me since last blog have included...
Psalms Concert on Sunday (great having a smaller crew - piano viola, and 3 vocals including Jo McG and Patricia M, plus guest group The Dreamers)...
Pantomime today for Years 9 and 10 (amazing how many teachers managed to find their own wigs!!)...
Sketch in church on Sun (Fawlty Towers characters preparing a table for The Lord).
Alexander getting 2nd in Science.
Sophie getting Proxime Accessit ("runner up" to Dux) at her school, and excellence award for her class.
Lois's exam results (more details later).
Etc, etc.
Samson did his bit, or tried to - he brought a live mouse into the house (I didn't realise that they actually do squeak like a plastic toy).
These are indeed busy times for YT, and mostly fun, but I need my rest!
Goodnight, dear readers!
Gerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment