Saturday, December 12, 2009

Butter Chicken Night

It has been our habit for a long time now to eat butter chicken "of a weekend".
Lois and I usually eat it on a Saturday - the children eat earlier, something different.
We usually have a martini around 7pm - with Bombay Sapphire gin or vodka.
We then sit down to watch a dvd, with martini and little snacks.
Our current "staple" is "Ally McBeale" - an earlier version of "Boston Legal".
Towards the end of the episode I take up the phone and ring Santoor Restaurant.
Usually either Suresh Nama or his wife Githa answers.
By now they know me well enough to ask how I'm doing, and they know exactly what I will order.
Butter Chicken, medium hot, with a garlic naan - pick up in 10 - 15 minutes.
When I get back, Lois has the broccoli cooked just right, and away we go!

2 comments:

  1. Many things I love about this post - we are also fans - of Bombay Sapphire martinis, of Ally McBeale (I got Shawn the DVD set for his birthday in Oct, and we are cheerfully revisiting that splendid cast of characters), and of butter chicken - though don't have a good Indian takeaway (can you imagine that fate) so make it ourselves.
    Joys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one day when you're over here and have some time we can share the experience!
    Christmas episode tonight...

    ReplyDelete