Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Do not stand at my grave and weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary E Frye

Gerald has been low, sad, feeling useless. No! Not now!
Friday maybe home, maybe not.

Sometimes tummy hurting, sometimes not.
Not usually in great pain, but often uncomfortable.
The swelling in his gut has gone down a lot.

How? to help?
To confront, or to take what is on offer as what is possible?
To face the last chances so starkly - how to cross the pain barrier?




L

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lois, Please give Gerald my love and tell him I'm sorry I didn't get back to see him again: I caught the flu, and then gave it to my husband, my grandson, and my stepdaughter ... so coming anywhere near the hospice has been out of the question for the past 3 weeks. Everyone is well again, so if he's still there on Friday I'll phone to see if it's ok to come by and visit him. Good to read that there is an army of 'Someones' out there looking out for you all -- Praying comfort, grace, Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of love and respect. You're an awesome family. So very brave. It's we who feel useless watching on, but I think, I believe, I trust... it's all in Hand. You guys are doing just fine. God bless.

    ReplyDelete