Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I doubted if I should ever come back

... knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost
(excerpt, The Road not Taken)

Someone came to trim trees in our driveway yesterday.
As organised by another Someone.
Someone else dropped of 3 meals, and 2 lots of baking.
2 other Someones got rid of some rubbish from our garage.

Throughout, there have always been Someones.
Some are Ones for a season, and the turnover is good, because recovery is necessary.

Will we run out of Someones?
Maybe not. There is a different phase setting in - a change in the terrain, a catching of breath and a re-commitment, before a final surge to this particular finishing line.

School holidays.

L

1 comment: