Monday, September 20, 2010

World without end

Time to publish 6 poems. Some of "my" poems I asked Gerald to set for me.
I think extracts might be best - the first one from Eunice Tietjens, climber.

---

But I shall go down from this airy place, this swift white peace,
this stinging exultation.
And time will close about me, and my soul stir to the rhythm
of the daily round.
Yet, having known, life will not press so close, and always I shall feel time
ravel thin about me;
For once I stood
In the white windy presence of eternity.

- Eunice Tietjens

---

Thanks Dierdre - thoughtful and self-sacrificing
Thanks Richard - conversation
Thanks other Richard - opportunistic practical offer
Thanks Joke - knowing without being told
Thanks Carla - carrying on confidently
Thanks Plonie - bearing the burden of being local
Thanks Rachael - trying to run, gives me hope
Thanks Christie -

A random list, I guess there will be more.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment