Friday, September 3, 2010

And if you've got to sleep ...

... a moment on the road, I will steer for you. (Cohen)

I've just come back from taking Gerald back into the hospice, where they will try to treat the bowel and get it working again, or maybe not this time, or ...

Dr Richard talked us through some scenarios to maintain maximum quality of experience if and when the bowel stops working, which he expected it might - though probably not yet.

We had been trying to avoid going back to the hospice, but I loved seeing Gerald relax when he got there ... much emotional relief at that.

Back to my children. Who don't know about the hospice trip yet.

Alex just done his last exam for this set, the last pre-Cambridge exam mocks.
Sophie's recent haiku:

people cut me out
but somehow there ain't no gap
in the paper chain


Feeling life's edgy, uncertain, but real joys - gritty but halfway reassuring: that's my girl.

News posted here as it breaks (our hearts)

L

1 comment: