Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sophie Alex Sophie Alex etc

Alex's personal demo of a tape loop in memoriam was pretty funny ("We Remember Gerald / crying noises / We Remember Gerald / crying noises / We Remember Gerald" etc ad infinitum).

Both my tough though undoubtedly soft and hurt children do some excellent mocking.

Alex has had some good additions to his "Christmas fund" aka saving for Uni aka petrol money the last few days.
No job has yet appeared, but Michael Barker contributed to both the coffers and the lawn-mowing capabilities, whilst Stu Houghton did same re carpet cleaning and other jobs. My Christmas present is looking secure, for which I am grateful.

Sophie is still at school for this week and next.
And, as a friendless reject (if I were to take fairly recent accounts seriously, never believing you again, Soph :-)) she has somehow fooled some of the people some of the time and managed to be awarded a Parents and Friends prize which is voted for by peers within the school.

Also she has won the Writing prize for her year, resulting in a fun chore of going shopping for a book which she will be presented with at Prizegiving, along with the other prize.
She, like me, has no recognisable academic results this year - having missed all the exams, which took place during Funeral Week.

Alex meanwhile probably tries to forget he has to wait till January for his Cambridge iGCSE results, sat before, during, and after Gerald's death. He was the only one of us who didn't miss any exams, which I hope gives him a huge feeling of achievement in itself.

Less typing, more sleep would be good. Only yesterday (or was that today? depends if 1:45 am is still the evening before or an early start to the next day) I went to the Davis (Law Library) and got out books for 3 of my courses, and am a little over-excited about them (well, that's this night's excuse for not being asleep, creative, don't you think?).

At any rate my children indulged me in a show and tell about the 3 books I limited myself to per subject. I'm sure they only pretended to be less than entirely excited. Tomorrow I loan books for 3 more subjects, it just gets better ... even I can hear that this seems over-the-top, though a reasonable response from possibly the most grateful law student of all time.

And more progress today and tomorrow on my woman-cave (as a friend has dubbed my "new" revitalised bedroom / office, set up to exacting requirements (go on, Andrew, you can laugh now) and hopefully soon to reap good results as a positive environment for both kinds of activities (thinking sleep and study, take it easy :-)).
Looking forward ...

Somebody turn off the brain, please, I'll do the lights myself.
Goodnight.

L

2 comments:

  1. You can never have too much petrol money. I put $102.12 petrol in my car on Sunday - a new personal record, and my first time over $100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey serendipistist
    sorry I neglected to check the blog.
    I am listening to the Bible in patois.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete