Saturday, November 20, 2010

If you were to write a novel ...

... what would it be about?

The person who asked me this question yesterday had in mind, I think, what country, what setting, context, plot, what would happen in terms of physical sequence of events.

(Though I haven't asked him, so here I am breaking my own rule of never (rarely) assume ... :-))

My mind played about with the idea when half-awake this morning.
I'd write about learning as you go, and courage.
Courage - the power to let go of the familiar.
Courage - the willingness to take up the unfamiliar.

So - half-awake?
Yep. 2 nights sleep in a row.
Now, of course, I'm terrified.
Maybe I'll become a lethargic person who mostly can't be bothered, whose world revolves around as much time as possible in relaxing oblivion.

' suppose that's not so likely.
Scary, though - even such a little change.
I think I secretly prefer being pushed to extremes.

Not so secretly, then.

This blog program is annoying in its lack of emoticons.
I must get better at tone * 100 lines.

L

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps it's time for a new, non-lethargic job. Just imagine how much fun this would be: http://www.liveleak.com/e/07b_1284580365 (50 MB video). What more could you want? Fresh air, great view, a chance to scream whenever you felt like it without bugging anyone...

    ReplyDelete