Friday, October 29, 2010

Plus ca change, ...

... plus ca meme chose.

Right back to the simple things.

With (apparently) some sixth sense of what would happen, I have been finding myself more focused on sharing Gerald's trip (aren't we all sick of saying journey? - and trip suits the man) the last several days.

To the point where nothing else fits in my head, and higher cognitive functions have - well - gone.
And at the same time, Gerald has been cutting down fluid intake, unable to absorb it, whilst vomiting far more than he takes in.

Intake is now zero, though there are ways of keeping his mouth moist.
Weaker.
Happier, too, it seems.

I won't be going anywhere for the duration (days), I expect.

Alex is still managing with his exams for which he deserves much kudos. Sophie's are coming up. We'll take that as it comes.

And some really nice news (for me) - at family meeting last night both Sophie and Alex affirmed they were happy for Gerald to die at home if symptoms make that possible.
We all smiled and laughed as we talked about Gerald's going, awkward with the oddness of the conversation, but mutually supportive anyhow.
I'm so glad.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment