Friday, October 15, 2010

No Gnus

The horizon is clear.
We're safe.

From what?

How come I've become a general manager in my own home?
Needs must.

What if ... people stopped helping?
... Gerald hadn't gotten sick with an "incurable" cancer?
... I hadn't been able to have any children?
... I couldn't cook?
... The sun went dark and cold?
... I hadn't been made redundant three times?
... My back never improves?
... There is a world shortage of Blue Sapphire?
... I had had a chance to experience in actuality rather than only by temperament and style, the loneliness of the long-distance runner?

Since I last wrote, Gerald has got thinner and tireder and weaker, with little other discernable change.
He is now a lovely shadow of a lovely man.

Over to Kingsley A, for a comment on the necessity of having a refrigerator to oneself:
"Wives and such are constantly filling up any refrigerator they have a claim on, even its ice compartment, with irrelevant rubbish like food."

(Just shows his limited experience.)

L

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lois and Gerald,

    Thank you for keeping us posted. You are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

    I found the following poem/hymn which I thought you might appreciate - by New Zealand writer, Colin Gibson. It goes to the tune FINLANDIA.

    1. Beyond all accidents of chance and change
    I trust in the unfailing love of God;
    Though in my body daily may be seen
    The ravages of all-devouring time,
    I trust my God, who sees me as I am,
    Restored, made whole before the eyes of Love.

    2. Beyond all shifting moods of mind or thought
    I trust the everlasting truth of God;
    Though fresh confusions sweep the troubled world
    And time bears all away that seemed secure,
    I trust my God who knows me as I am,
    And bears a loving witness to my life.

    3. Beyond all casualties of grief or loss
    I trust the everlasting heart of God;
    Though suffering and sorrow scrawl their name
    On every page, and time is slow to heal,
    I trust the One who holds us through the night,
    And will abandon none in their distress.

    4. Beyond all harsh defeats of now and then
    I trust the everlasting hope of God;
    Though time may maock the dreams of eager youth,
    And empires, towers, ambitions, fade and fail,
    I trust the steady purposes of God,
    And walk, a living soul, towards the Light.

    (C) Colin Gibson
    Published in "Hope Is Our Song"
    New Zealand Hymnbook Trust 2009

    Arohanui,
    Robyn Allen Goudge and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lois

    I was one of Geralds students and still am under the relieving teacher in charge to cover for sir.

    I really need help with a tribute im doing for sir at church as part of a prayer group.

    When your free please get back to me a.s.a.p

    frankee72@gmail.com

    Frank Burgess

    Thank You
    God Bless and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete