Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cancer Battle (a kind of poem)

Last time we talked I defied you.
I defy you again - in the strength of my King.

You are unseen.
You are deadly.
You are scary.
Are you laughing at me as you devour me?

I said, are you laughing at me??

Look at my face!
Am I bothered?

Regardez mon visage.
Am I bothered?

My body...
When the time comes, you can take it all...

My new body, my spirit, my essence...
They never were yours, and never will be.

Your sting and victory will pierce dead tissue and ring in emptiness.
I am not yours.

And if the news reads "after a long, brave battle", I wish I could rise up and say "the battle has already been won, and was never my battle"...

I come against you in the Name of the Lord Almighty,
The Lord of Hosts,
The King of Kings.

Wish I could swear at you the way I do in the privacy of my own room,
But it ain't, and never was, my battle.

And I will stand upon your grave and laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment