Friday, June 11, 2010

Free Again!

Into hospital about 7, 7.30 last night.
Not everyone turns up at A and E carrying a throw-up bowl with a copious offering.
Xrays of abdo and chest, then on to saline/morphine drip.
A VERY comfortable night!

Great nursing staff.
Salomi, 2 times survivor of breast cancer, with an 11 year old daughter.
The orderly counting down the days (14) till he is reunited with wife and children in Rarotonga.
The nurse who came in during the night and fixed my drip line (it had folded up on itself due to me not keeping my arm straight.
The lovely Janet, who showed me how to shower while attached to a chemo pump, and organised breakfast, and sorted out the doctors.
The doctors themselves, one attired in a retro-70s brown suit (and I thought I was taking risks as Robin Hood!), and cheerfully informed me they were setting me free!

Free to begin again, this journey of hope, pain, loss, gain, surprises, grace and love!
Many thanks to Lois, Paul, Plonie and Lorna for the visits today, helping to keep boredom at bay (and a lift home and fresh muffins from Lorna), and to the crew at school, especially Lee and Theo, who kept the Whare Puuoro (music house) running.
The sun is shining...
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment