Wednesday, June 2, 2010

After the Rain...

Spent a lot of today thinking it was time for my feet to dry out.
Attended Restorative Justice training.
No coffee at the start, which was a let-down for those of us who stayed up too late last night!
Eventually the caterers made it in and the sun came out and my world was changed.
There are 4 O.C. teachers who attended this course.
My hope is that our school will implement it fully, not piecemeal, and that our culture will become truly restorative.
I'm still waiting to hear encouraging noises from higher authorities tho - it would have been a shame to have wasted thousands of dollars on our training...
Afric Pepperbird was our driving home soundtrack today - an obscure early album by Garbarek and co, with many odd sounds - took me back to 1986 and my foray into alternative jazz with a group called The Leaonard's Bird's Died Quartet (get it??).
Currently snuggling on sofa with Samson...
I guess he's waiting for his feet to dry out also...

G.

2 comments:

  1. Or lulling you into a false sense of security for its own nefarious purrposes... How to tell if you cat is plotting to kill you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian's link is well worth following up, everyone...especially for cat fans!

    ReplyDelete