Monday, July 27, 2009

ROADKILL (account...)

So last night was the global premiere of my latest show - ROADKILL.
A song cycle (15 songs) with slide show.
Thanks to all who came - hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks to Linda McG and helper again for hospitalipublicity...
And to Ian M for the great slide show (Romanian set particularly moving)...
To Alex vW for operating the slideshow effectively and smoothly...
To Michael B for wonderful sound mixing as ever...
To Aaron A for keeping an eye on the technical stuff,,,
Dave M for bass and enthusiasm...
Mike C for some subtle and some strong and always yummy guitar solos...
To Jo McG for beautiful, sensitive vocals and excellent harmonies...
If you came, what bits did you enjoy?
What recommendations do you have for future development?
The vision is to take this into any venues/situations where people would like it, but I would need someone to help co-ordinate an itinerary.
More people to help with the singing could be fun as well...
I had many favourite bits myself...enjoyed being a journalist, a doctor and a priest...

Ain't it cold???

G.

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Roadkill. The songs were good and I could see it in my mind being acted out on stage the way you usually do your musicals. It had good atmosphere - if you get my drift.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. Yes I do get your drift. It's quite short, quite direct and my intention was to have the songs pretty catchy, so there's a "punch" for the audience - difficult to catch an audience...
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8]
    X]
    =D
    =P
    0_0
    x_x
    =.>
    =>
    ~8]

    There are heaps more combinations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~8]

    It's a baby!

    My confirmation word for this post is "grandpj". Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one for Alexander's blog which was exiness. I find them irritating! Grrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had "cones" earlier today. An actual word!

    ReplyDelete