Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reflection number....180?

The blog is an interesting phenomenon.
Here I am sharing my inner thoughts, views and reflections with...whoever!
So to some extent I have an audience, and to some extent, because the blog has "followers", I know who those followers are.
But mostly it's whistling in the dark.
I am trying to "harmonise" my doings, sayings, musings.
I am trying to BE more peaceful than I have been, whilst recognising that these changes occur incrementally, by and large.
When I "go" I would love the experience to be a peaceful, harmonious and loving one for all concerned.
Does that sound a little "Eastern" or "Zen"?
Shalom (peace in its fullness) is a Hebrew term don't forget.
I love the passage in one of the gospels where, after the crucifixion/resurrection, Jesus appears to His disciples and literally breathes Peace into them.

G.

3 comments:

  1. Which one? Surely if you love it, you would know and you would say in the post instead of waiting for someone to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See if you can work out which one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus Appears to His Disciples John 19 - 20

    On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
    Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

    ReplyDelete