Tuesday, April 19, 2011

notGerald

Over the months, the 4th person present in our family has become notGerald.

Sophie's male authority figure is notGerald.
Alex's music mate, educator, and anecdotalist is notGerald.
The gentler, softer parent is notGerald.
My sharer, carer, hoper, and left-fielder is notGerald.

Over the following years I guess notGerald will morph into mythicalGerald - that surprising, funny, lively, music-focused, gentle beauty of a person, without too much of the complicating factors.

This morning I dreamt of the ocean closing over change, waves rolling and breaking in sparkly morning light.

I suspect it was related to Gerald’s ashes ceremony, where I (with the help of some of you) freed his incinerated remains into the ocean, and it carried on as if we had done nothing at all – in a few moments he was joined into the hugeness.

But I did also get to look out into a shining horizon, contemplating what could be coming next. Someone took a photo, unknown to me, and sent it to me – I’ve attached it on the right.

Richard D, do you think Gerald would call this photo "Into the Blue"?

1 comment:

  1. Nice one - I was thinking of that period of Gerald's songwriting the other day as I contemplated going to the big Miro exhibition that's just landed here at the Tate Modern.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete