Sunday, February 20, 2011

And on the other hand

Perhaps the violent wounding will soon fade to a gentle, reassuring background ache - enough to confirm I am (I mean was) a caring, deeply feeling spouse but not enough to stop me from reaching out for new life.

Perhaps a new career will waft in, tempt, inspire and blossom, including a miraculous "unique to me" so that whenever possible I only do what only I can do - again.

Perhaps someone I know or meet will mesh with my interests, full-on-ness, quirks, wants and hopes so thoroughly that intersection brings explosions of intriguing joy.

Perhaps my children will be truly proud of themselves, their dad, and their mum.

Any reason why not?

2 comments:

  1. No. That's the normal trajectory - but it can only be authenticated in each person's individual experience. no-one can assume that what happens to others will automatically happen to them - nor should we because that would take away the uniqueness of our own lived lives. But in the mean time, at moments when reason is uppermost in modes of living, we can take some comfort in average "typical" experiences across the range of others out there.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lois,

    Don't over-think it...each day is what it is

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete